So, I finally got the thing running. Of course, it turned out to be harder than i thought…
Some things i ran into while implementing it:
- PHP and the Google Charts API don’t play along too nicely when you have to deal with JSON encoded Dates. The Google API expects months starting with 0 (e.g. January = 0, February = 1), PHP delivers months starting with 1.
My approach basically boils down to this:
- Run a WSH script regularly which executes a c program which decrypts the mpdata file, reads in the relevant bytes for kills and deaths.
- It then makes a GET request to a PHP script which saves the kills, deaths and a unix timestamp to a file.
- A WordPress widget displays the statistics as a Google Chart after converting the file to JSON.
The code is on github, it’s all very ugly, but working.